is now available to update your mobile. The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Ace is includes all the new features in the latest version. You can your phone to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Operating System by installing this custom ROM. Google Apps are not included in the ROM. So, you need to download the Gapps file separately. Be aware before processing this tutorial that this is not an official update from Samsung. This is a custom ROM. So, all credits goes to the original developer. Here is a guide to update your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Warning before installing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
Pre Requirements to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace:
Ok, so lets checkout what are the thing you need to perform, before you can go with this Jellybean update installation.
1) Make a full backup of your SMS, Contacts, call logs, GPRS setting etc to your SD card.
2) Move all your songs, video etc to your SD card.
3) A Rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android Smartphone. Check this – How to Root Samsung Galaxy ACE (rooting procedure in the end of post)
4) Install a Custom Recovery : check HERE
5) SMS – sms Backup
Downloadable files to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
How to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
1) First of all make sure to complete all the steps I have listed in above requirement section. Then move onto step 2.
2) Download the jelly bean package from above link and save it to your desktop.
3) Connect your Ace to computer and move the downloaded zip package to your phone SD card. (don’t put inside any folder)
4) Switch off your phone, wait for 5 secs. Then press and hold volume up+ home+power button until phone start in recovery mode.
5) Now when the recovery mode comes up, first of all select the option that says “wipe data/factory reset” on the next select yes to confirm factory resetting.
6) Then wipe cache partition followed by yes to confirm wiping the cache partition of your phone, else your device may stuck at boot screen.
7) Now select the advanced option from recovery main menu and then wipe the dalvik cache.
8) After that select the “Mount and Storage” option and then Format system to delete everything from your system partition.
9) Back to mount and storage option again, this time mount the following one by one : mount system, mount data, mount cache.
10) Now come back to recovery main menu and select the option that says install zip from SD card followed by choose zip from SD card, then browse and select the Android 4.3 Jellybean update package for Samsung Galaxy Ace. Wait few minute let the installation complete.
When it says Installation over, press back to main menu and select reboot system now to restart your phone in normal mode running CyanogenMOD.Troubleshooting
After installing this 4.3 update if you found some of your Google apps are crashing automatically then here we got a fix for it.
- Open your phones setting
- Select factory data reset
- follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- Restart your phone, when it completes.