For all those users of Galaxy S3 GT I9300 who have updated with the latest version of Official Jellybean 4.3 which is XXUGMK7 can now update can now root the device following simple instructions which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. So after checking out on what are the quick list of pre requisites which we have summed up below, we will be heading over to the detailed guide which will help you root the device. Once you root the device, you can then install many custom ROM firmwares
Quick Pre Requisites:
All the data in your Galaxy S3 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with KIES tool as
- SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
- Contacts – Sync with the Gmail or try This,
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can then head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S3 on XXUGMK7 Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware:
- .Download Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. once downloaded, extract the firmware zip package and open odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it will now have to be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy S3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Connect your device in Download mode with the computer in which you have opened the Odin. once conected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Once done, click on “PDA” to choose the Rooting tar file which you got after extraction and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute for rooting the device.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone.